Do your chapped lips just love you in the winter time? Mine do and it’s a pain to keep them looking and feeling good when it is cold outside and the air is dry inside.
Fortunately, it’s not as hard as it seems to keep them looking plump and moist all the time.
Here’s a few tips to keep those lips from driving you crazy:
1. Exfoliate regularly – A lot of people just keep covering up the problem with a basic chap stick. That doesn’t do anything except flatten and cover up the skin that is peeling. Do this consistently, maybe once a week, to keep the fresh skin underneath growing and keeping you lips looking their best. There are so many products out there to help with this…why not DIY?
Try this home remedy. You probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry:
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mixing bowl
- A small container
2. Hydrate those puppies! Moisture is the key to keeping those lips soft so condition those lips with aloe or shae butter. They both work wonders.
3. You use sunscreen all over your body so why not your lips too? After all, they are part of your body.
4. And the most important tip…..DON”T PICK!